Tunnel Singing

I love tunnel singing! With all of my heart, might, mind and strength!

Background for those of you who don't know what tunnel singing is... Well it's when you go to BYU campus and go to this tunnel by the Marriot Center and there is a huge group of people and you sing hymns. Sounds kinda weird right? Well I love it! The first 30 minutes is kind of just more fun songs, then there is a brief missionary minute where we just recognize those who have been called on missions and then we sing "Called to Serve Him", then it is the more spiritual/emotional/ i almost want to say solemn, but it's not quite solemn... songs. And we always end with "I Need Thee Every Hour" with everyone in their little groups with their arms around each other singing and then humming one more verse at the end. And there is an opening and closing prayer. It is absolutely amazing!

Back to my story! I LOVE TUNNEL SINGING! Sorry, just had to reiterate that! Every time I go I feel the Spirit so strongly and feel so comforted. That last 30 minutes hits me every time. Tonight I had a friend go with me who had never gone before and he absolutely loved it! I also saw another friend of mine there, she is usually the person I go tunnel singing with anyway so it was absolutely lovely!

Having these friends around me who I know love and support me and I love and support them, is one of the best feelings in the world. You can royally screw up the entire song concerning notes, but it doesn't matter. Ya, you laugh about it, but then you are over it and still focusing on the words and how you feel. It really is just a beautiful thing!

I had a friend come once, who isn't necessarily on the straight and narrow and during the song "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" he had to sit down and just cry. He unfortunately hasn't come back at all, but that right there let me know that he had a testimony, he is just confused and doesn't want to deal with any of the responsibility it requires to be a good example. It sounds harsh, but it's true.

This post isn't so much about any obstacle or whatever that I have had, but if anyone is ever near the Provo, Utah area on a Sunday evening around 10ish, I recommend going, and even if you don't want to sing, just go and listen and read the words as they are sung. If you go with the right attitude it really will affect you and affect your life and your burdens will feel that much lighter, for at least a little while. You will feel like you can conquer anything with the Lord's hand in your life. (I promise not all my posts will be religious, these are just the things that have happened lately!) You feel happier and like you will be able to get through the next few days or weeks. It's such a wonderful feeling! *sigh* Oh happiness!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won