The biggest, small dream I have ever had!

Well so far I have only really talked about obstacles I am attempting to overcome, so I think it's time to talk about one of my hopes and dreams. One of my biggest small dreams (like it's one of my smaller dreams I have but the biggest one out of those smaller dreams...if that makes any sense!) that I have had for years is to be able to record. Even if it's just semi-professional or some random friend of mine's recording studio, I need to record someday.

Singing is my passion. Singing is what I have been doing my entire life and if anything ever happened to cause me to lose my voice or not be able to sing anymore, I think I would become comatose. Just a shadow of a person walking around. My voice is a huge part of my identity. Music is what helped me get into theatre. And now I'm majoring in Musical Theatre because of it.

Back to recording... I just want to be able to say that I have recorded. I want to be able to experience the entire process of recording in a studio and editing. I see random videos of people in recording studios with just themselves and a little room and being able to sing anything their heart feels like pouring out, and I get very close to trembling with envy! I want to wear those headphones and sing into those microphones.

The ability of a singer to be able to sing their souls inner feelings is absolutely magical and to be able to capture that with such high quality equipment and talent is just so amazing to me! I want to be able to say that I did it. I recorded. I don't want to be famous, I don't want to make CD's and sell them, I'm not good enough for that. I just want the opportunity and experience of being in a recording studio and having people do everything they can to help me sound good and to help me become a better performer. It sounds kind of selfish, but it's one of my dreams.

Imagine just sitting or standing in that room that was reserved just for you and your heart to pour out anything it has to say. *sigh* It's beautiful!

Someday, gosh dang it, I will record!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won