That Wonderful Burning...

So a lot of stuff has happened this week. School started, auditions, callbacks, cast lists, talked to different people, etc. But my favorite thing about this week would have to be...church today.

It's really rare for me to get that burning in my heart. The very, very real feeling of the Spirit. Well today, I had it for a good, long 3 hours. It started with sacrament and went all the way through the last hour of church, which was Relief Society.

The speakers in the first hour were fantastic today. In fact, they were amazing and I learned TONS, but the best part was before any of them spake. There was the actual sacrament. The moment the sacrament prayers were said, my heart burned, my eyes started tearing up and I thought about what the sacrament and the Atonement really means to me and I had to fight dang hard to not let those tears fall. For this first time, in a very, very long time, I felt completely clean as I took the sacrament. I felt clean and I realized that I had finally, completely forgiven myself for anything that has happened in my past. I sat there and read my scriptures and loved that feeling of warmth emanating from my chest. I know the gospel is true. I know that Christ died to take away my sins and to help heal me when I hurt. I know that repentance and forgiveness are possible. I know that anyone can overcome anything that is set in their path, no matter how hard or obstinate this obstacle may appear.

This feeling just continued to grow inside of me throughout the rest of the meeting. I know that service can do a lot for helping you grow as a person, you just have to have to right attitude about doing the service. I know that I need to support Priesthood holders and help them in any way I possibly can, I know that Institute is a very good thing and something I need to focus more on in my life.

Later in the meeting we talked about the 'worth of souls.' Every single person has the same worth, including ourselves. We just need to be willing to see it. We don't know everything about everyone and we shouldn't judge them from what we do see. I know that I have made that mistake a lot in the past and it's something I am working on fixing. I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that He loves me and will help me through all of my trials and tribulations. I know He will help me find an answer to all of my prayers. I know that the Spirit can testify of truth and provide comfort whenever we need it. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior and I am so grateful for everything they give me and all the opportunities I am given in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won