'Thankimony' of a sort...

Update on Jasmine's life:

I am doing the Summer Stock Theatre Company up at my Community College and we have been here for one week and I love it! It's crazy and stressful and insane and busy but I love it. My life is filled with all sorts of aspects of theatre. I am Assistant Stage Manager for the kids' show and I am M'Lynn in Steel Magnolias. We are going to have auditions pretty soon or Nunsense. If I don't get a part in that one then I will be Stage Manager. In the kids' show I am also the Assistant Music Director. I am loving life. There are always going to be stressful moments and times when I think I am going to die from being so busy, especially since I am also taking an online Government class that has tons of homework. We are doing 16 weeks worth of stuff in 8 weeks.

I have been so blessed. It's hard to see it sometimes, but I really have been. I have an amazing family that I love so much. I have friends surrounding me here and at home and random places throughout the U.S.  I have a church that I believe to be true. I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and a Savior that bled and died for me. I have a boyfriend that has helped me learn so much in the relatively short time I have known him. He is constantly teaching me and helping me. He lifts me up and makes me want to be a better person. He is amazingly talented and I know I can go to him for any kind of advice and he, amazingly, doesn't get sick of it when I whine and complain to him. Which is embarrassingly more than I want to admit.

My dad always tries to help me. If I have a problem physically, like torn ligaments in my shoulders, screwed up hips, twisted ankle, etc., he knows how to help and is always willing to help me when something like that happens. He gives me blessings when I feel the need to ask for one. He is helping me out a lot with the car I just bought, and even though I may not seem grateful because of how stressed it makes me, I am so happy to have him there to tell me I screwed up and how to fix it as much as I can. I don't talk about my dad as much as my mom, but I love and appreciate him and his example in my life just as much as my mom. Just in different ways. He works two jobs to support our family and I know we all miss him at home, but we appreciate all the effort he goes through to make sure we are comfortable.

I am so happy to have people like Jamie Young and Brian Owen to direct and teach me in one of the things I love most in my life: theatre. I have learned so much in just this one week and I am beyond excited to learn more. I have only had one class from Jamie, and it was only for a semester, but the amount of improvement I discovered by the end of that semester was amazing. I know I had to work hard to gain that improvement, but I was motivated by Jamie and his desire for his students to learn. His method is fantastic and helps me to grow as a performer and person every day.

This is kind of just a huge 'thankimony' but I think it's time I tried to really notice just how blessed I really am, and this doesn't even cover half of it. Thank you, to anyone and everyone who has been in my life. You have touched me one way or another and I want to tell you I appreciate your help in shaping and molding who I am today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won