A Fresh Start

I am going to be extraordinarily original and write about Easter since that's what happened this last weekend.

Easter is a time for fresh beginnings, birth, new ideas and thoughts, etc. etc. Easter is a time to remember how blessed we really are and to remember the Savior's Atonement for us.

This Easter I decided that I wanted to really focus on Resurrection (duh) and a new outlook on life in general really. Life always has its ups and downs. It's just a big fun roller coaster...all the time. But we can't focus too much on the downs. I know way too many people that do and sometimes I just want to shake them and tell them to look for something good in their life, or something that they have been blessed with, because it's there, even if they don't want to see it. I know sometimes I am actually a perpetrator of not recognizing all these amazing things around me and it's something I want to fix!

I get so wrapped up in what has gone wrong. For example, my PCOD is probably back to where it used to be, and all I could think was "why?" When really I should be thinking, "at least we know what's wrong, I am so blessed to have a mom to talk to about this kind of thing, good thing I know the signs so I can get back on medication before it gets too far, etc." I have so much in my life. I have friends and family that love me. I have the sure knowledge that Heavenly Father and His Son love me and care for me and are always aware of me and my trials. I will be strengthened by them through these trials. And when the Resurrection occurs I will be blessed with a whole and perfect body. I won't have to worry about it anymore.

That really hit me this Easter during church. One of the speakers kept reiterating that fact of being made whole. Having a perfect body. And I'm not super happy by the fact that it may look perfect (although that's pretty awesome too...) but that I will be perfectly healthy. Everything that goes wrong inside of me, will be gone. Erased. My hips will be fixed (they are connected wrong in my hip sockets). My hypothyroid and PCOD will be gone. Hormones that like to screw up will be fixed. Everything will be right. I am so amazed at this huge blessing Christ and Heavenly Father have promised us. First they give us bodies. And then they will give us PERFECT bodies. After we go through life and bump and bruise them up a bit. We will be made perfect. It seems to make all of the trials we have to go through with our bodies worth it. It will still be hard, heck that's why we are put on Earth, is to be tested, but it's worth it. We just have to remember to think of eternity. To think of the eternal blessings we will be given as a result of going through life to the best of our abilities. We have to work SO hard, but don't you think the reward is worth everything we have to go through? And like I said earlier, life isn't all bad. That just seems to be what we all focus on the most.

We have so much happiness and joy in our lives as well. Everyone just talks about the trials and tribulations and the suffering and pain. But there is happiness and joy and love as well. Sometimes you really have to look for it, but it is always there.

So my "Easter Resolution" is to look at life in a new way. Try to be positive. About situations, people, ideas, etc. I need to be a more positive person. And there are some things in life that I really need to be able to change my outlook on. There are things I'm scared of that I really shouldn't be. There are things I avoid or try not to think about because it's just 'too hard' or 'I'm scared' of them. I need to be willing to go that extra mile for others and for myself. I need to be more diligent in a lot of things. And I have decided that since Easter is a time of new beginnings that it was the perfect time for my fresh start on the rest of my life. It's going to be hard, but I know I can do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Fake It 'Til You Make It