Families Can Be Together Forever

So I know I JUST wrote a post... but I NEEDED to share this. It is rather personal... but not many people read this so I'm pretty okay with it I think :)

Today, technically yesterday, I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Washington, D.C. temple and take part in some of the sacred ordinances we do there. For the past week or so I have been trying to prepare. I prayed like a mad-woman, fasted on Sunday for very specific questions I wanted answered at the temple, etc., etc. I really wanted this to be a good trip.

On Monday, we went to DC and played at the zoo. I love the zoo. Then we went to the Visitor's Center that night and just watched some videos and had a good time. I loved having that extra time to prepare  and really focus on the Spirit. I closed my eyes a few times and said a few prayers. It was just a good prep.

This morning I read scriptures on my way to the temple and we listened to very good and powerful music. I was praying the entire time asking for help, clarity, lots more help, guidance and understanding. I also had another specific question in mind, but I'm not going to get into that. We also had time to go back to the Visitor's Center and watch the Joseph Smith-Restoration movie. I love this movie. I tend to cry towards the end, but this time the Spirit was strong that I was crying from start to finish. It had been awhile since I had felt that much warmth and comfort and affirmation of these things being true so strongly in my heart. Reassurance filled my body and let me know that I am loved by my Heavenly Father. We all have our problems and trials, but Heavenly Father is ALWAYS there to help us if we need Him. And well, we always need Him.

Then we entered the temple. Such a beautiful place. This was my first time in the DC temple and I was in love! Such a wonderful temple. They let us sit and look at a beautiful mural and then we entered the baptistery. WHOOSH. Overwhelming Spirit. Again. I sat and read more scriptures and asked friends for their favorites. Every single person's favorite today was another message and another reminder of something I needed to hear. I was starting to get rather teary, but I held it in alright. Didn't want to make a scene before anything had even happened! I mean, we did have a few people talk to us and whatnot as well, but I just really did not want to draw attention to myself.

Then we did confirmations! From the beginning I couldn't restrain the tears. They POURED from my soul. I was praying like crazy. I was getting answers like crazy. I have never felt so much love for me and those around me and my Heavenly Father in my life. I was encompassed in love. I felt His comforting hand, His love, His relief, His compassion. I was bawling like a BABY. I can't remember the exact moment, but I think it was when it was my turn to stand-in as the person being confirmed and I looked around the room and felt the Spirits of everyone that was there being confirmed, or watching those being confirmed. They were there and they were rejoicing.

Here comes the super personal part... I looked at the empty front row on my left and felt my aunt Leslie, my younger brother Isaac Steven, and my Grandfather Anderson there proudly watching me. I don't care if it was my imagination, I am pretty dang sure it was not. I felt their Spirits there cheering me on and letting me know they are watching out for me as well and that I just need to trust and depend on my Heavenly Father. WHOOSH. More water works. I felt my relatives hug me and tell me to keep going. I can persevere through anything with His help. It was the most surreal, most amazing, most beautiful time at the temple I have ever had.

Throughout the rest of my time there I couldn't stop crying and smiling and reading more scriptures and being grateful for the opportunity I had. So many of my prayers were answered. I feel so much love and appreciation for those around me, Him, myself and the list goes on.

I just really felt the urge to share that Heavenly Father does answer prayers. You just have to show FAITH first and He will answer them.

"I love to see the temple, I'll go inside some day.
To feel the Holy Spirit, to Listen and to Pray.
For the Temple is the House of God, a place of Love and Beauty.
I prepared myself while I was young. This is my sacred duty."

"Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan.
I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can,
The Lord, has shown me how I can."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won