Find the Light in a Dark and Troubled World

So.. the world is kind of a scary place right now. Look at the 2016 Presidential Race we're dealing with for just one example. Our two current frontrunners are not good people. Hilary Clinton who is in the middle of a crime investigation, has sold uranium to Russia under the guise of a charity (that was totally fake), and so much more. And then we have Donald Trump and all of his supporters. Those videos make me literally sick to my stomach/heart. You see people being abused emotionally, mentally and even physically and then there is Trump yelling out that he could shoot someone right then and there and he wouldn't lose any of his supporters. I'm scared to think of how accurate that statement could be.

This world is becoming more violent, more corrupt, and more terrifying every day.

However, it's also made me think more about my spiritual welfare. If the world is becoming this dark and evil place, then I need to stay on the path of truth and become a light, a beacon to those around me. I don't think I'm any kind of lighthouse by any stretch of the imagination, but I know that just by being kind, honest, and compassionate I can light up someone's life in this rather scary, confusing, and dark time.

The past few weeks (and longer, but especially these past few weeks) I've noticed just how unimportant I am in the scheme of things. Now, I know I'm important. I know I have purpose and meaning. It's just been interesting to see and realize my own insignificance. And by that I mean, the world does not revolve around me and I recognize that! I have a lot of decisions to make for my future 1-10 years, but they seem so much less important now than the decisions that will affect my future eternity. (This is a little bit of a new thing. I've always known it, but getting myself to feel it has been something different). Through this darkness I've been able to find other spots of light. I've been trying so hard to reach for that light and keep it burning in my life. I strive to be the kind of person I want my future spouse and children to be. It's kind of terrifying to think of raising children in the world today, but I know it is something I want. I also know that my family and I will be blessed as we continue to be "example[s] of the believers". That "light on a hill that cannot be hid." Yeah. I want my family to shine and be a fire to those around us. I want to continue to meet other fires and create a community of those that will fight the good fight in a crumbling world. We can and will hold our combined light up high for the world to see and call any that are seeking a spot of goodness to come and join us.

I did these recordings awhile ago... well, the first one was awhile ago. But I just now thought I would post it on the lovely blog. Like the previous videos, it is far from perfect, but it's one of my favorite hymns accompanied by my lovely little uke, Nani.




This next song is called "The Woman I Was Before". It's written as a solo, but a dear friend of mine and I turned it into a duet. We had the opportunity to perform it for quite a few of the Young Single Adult congregations during their hour for Relief Society (the organization for women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). We kind of fell in love with it and what it had to teach. This recording is also not perfect. Anyway, it can be applied to men as much as women. The lyrics in this song give me a kind of hope. They remind me that I made the correct choice in my pre-mortal existence. I chose to follow the Savior and come to earth. Now I just need to remember to continue to come unto Christ and follow His will. The world defines our worth using materialistic, carnal, and crude means. The Savior sees the true spark of divinity within each of us and knows that we do not have a price. No amount would be enough. Anyway. Here it is. We recorded this just for fun the other Sunday when we were practicing for our last time performing it and I'm glad we did. It just kind of fits with the post.


Love you all. Keep fighting the fight, build the faith, and seek the light! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won