Like a Bird is More Song and Flight...Love is What We Are


Lots of things have been swirling and whirling around in my head lately. Love (hello, Valentine’s Day!!), choices, theatre- specifically energy within the theatre, etc. Let's see where this goes!

 I’ve had posts on Love before. It is an eternal and beautiful concept. It, quite literally, extends for eternity in both directions. There is no end to love. When all else in the world can and will fail, love never shall. Particularly, the pure love of Christ. All our Father in Heaven has shown for us is love. All he wants us to do is to emulate that example and continue to share love. But we get this nasty natural man in the way who decides to corrupt it and make it something else, or who makes it really, really, really hard to feel love.

 “Love is terrifying sometimes and difficult and even heavy, but it’s what we are. Like a bird is more song and flight than anything else, love is what we are. Love is God and God is Love.”

 This is something my dearest friend said to me when she wished me a Happy Valentine’s Day. And it hasn’t been able to leave my head! She put into words, what I can only see and feel. “Like a bird is more song and flight than anything else, love is what we are.” Our very souls and spirits (whichever you prefer!) are love. We don’t learn love, we don’t discover love, we ARE love. As we learn more about ourselves, we learn more about love. As we are drawn closer to different people it is because our souls were torn from the same fabric- we have the same love flowing through our veins as theirs. It can be harder with some people, but that is just because they were probably a bit further down from you in this woven fabric and have a bit of a different pattern. But they are still comprised of the same love as you and I.

 I get so sad when I read the news, or hear stories of people that were killed, committed suicide, were injured, or felt alone, hurt someone else, etc. etc. I even get sad when I see or hear friends gossiping about others in a not so favorable way. Sharing factual information is one thing, sharing news you can’t be 100% positive about and then continuing to comment on it? Or making jokes about them? Specifically talking about someone behind their back just because they are different? It makes my heart ache. And I am in NO way guiltless! I am an incredibly nosy individual and have been guilty of doing this on multiple occasions. But, usually, the moment I realize what I am doing- I try to gently ease the conversation a different direction, or I find a tactful way to leave. Hooray for the natural man, right? We all struggle with him/her.  Time to kick him in the pants! We all need to remember to shove that no-good natural man away- no matter how alone we feel, or how negative we see everyone and everything around us. That natural man is trying SO hard to make you think that love is out of reach. That love is for romantics and that romantics are stupid. BUT he is WRONG. WE ARE LOVE. It is the fiber of our beings. We could not exist without love. We would become machines. We have souls, therefore, we have love. We have to work for it! It couldn’t be made easy or else we would not realize its value.

Why do I exist? Because God loves me. What is my purpose? To return to my Father in Heaven after going through life here on this earth. What am I doing while on earth? Creating connections, finding my passion, building a family (aka LOVE), sharing all of the love I possibly can. How do I return to my Father’s arms? By having the pure love of Christ and continually striving to act on it and with it until the day I die. And past that. How am I able to return? Because I was loved enough, that my Brother and my Savior died for me and suffered for all of my pain, my sins, and my mistakes. He has sent the Spirit with us to constantly guide us and help us see truth. And the biggest truth he testifies of is Love. You ask me any question about life and our purpose, and why I am the way I am and my answer will always come down to love. As my friend said, Love is God and God is Love.

 We are love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How my Weight Loss Journey is a Lie: Be Brave

Summer and Birthdays and Perfection!!

Loved and Lost, Fought and Won